By finding out how to clean a smelly washing machine, follow our top tips to kill germs, banish bad odors and prevent limescale. We’re going to shine your washing machine.
When was your laundry machine last cleaned? It’s starting to get grimey over time and possibly even start smelling. It ensures mold or bacteria will build up inside if you detect bad odors.
It’s time to give it a good cleaning if your washing machine smells worse than your dirty workout outfit. Yeah, even the devices for washing are getting dirty.
3 Easy & Effective Idea To Clean A Washing Machine (Front/Top/Semi)
In this post, I will share the best way for cleaning inside and out a washing machine, as well as the ten additives that you can use to effectively remove dirt, mold, and decay.
Method 1 . Through Vinegar & Baking Soda
This is the method which i recommend the most. The vinegar can bleach, helping to kill mold and mildew. The vinegar’s acidity will also help to eliminate soap residue in the wash bath and dissolve lime crystals in pipes (if hard water is available).
What you’ll need:
Sponge or Cloth
What you’ll do :
Clean the rubber cover by spraying it with white vinegar and wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth prior to cleaning the washer drum. For fact in a high-efficiency (HE) washer, the rubber gasket at the front of the washer collects dirt, skin, scum, and mildew.
Place the washer at the highest level and the warmest temperature of the stream.
If you have front load washer then add two cups of white vinegar to detergent dispenser. For top load washing machine apply 3-4 cups of white vinegar to the water and make the vinegar to dissolve for a minute.
Run it over a full cycle.
Perform another loop at the highest level and at the warmest temperature of the water, this time adding half a cup of baking soda to the tank. this quantity will remain same for both type of washing machine front/top.
If you have semi automatic machine then flip the knob so that the water drains when rotating. It works by moving vinegar liquid through the holes of the wash bin to clear the loosened gunk.
At this level, stop the washer and let the water stay for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
While the hot water, vinegar, and baking soda, cleanse grime and odors. Use a clean cloth dipped into the vinegar water to wash the washer off. Pay attention to the top of the washer, the top of the wash bin, and any bleach or fabric softener dispensers.
When the process is complete, rub a wet microfiber cloth inside the washer drum.
Now your washer is ready again to clean your clothes!
Method 2. Through Bleach
If you’re a lover of bleach powder, use it to clean a washing machine, you can use this method
Clearly, it is very efficient in removing dust and mold from the washing machine’s drum and detergent cabinet, as well as from the ground.
All the steps are same only you have to use bleach powder in the place of vinegar & baking soda. Just follow the above steps and you get the results.
Method 3. Through Your Washing Detergent
Instead of a professional washing machine cleaner, running a routine clean of laundry detergent is perfectly fine. You can use the usual detergent–but we think an organic, plant-based detergent labeled as’ concentrated’ is what works best.
These are typically stronger, and you don’t need to use a bunch of it, and they’re clean up the washing machine.
Note : please check the manual of your system. Many companies prohibit their devices from using de-scaling or cleaning products or cleaners. This can invalidate the warranty.
How To Avoid Smell & Dust In Your Washing Machine
With a few simple tricks and routines, you can hold the machine in good cleaning conditions.
- Replace the load as soon as the laundry process is over to stop the bad odors on your clothing.
- After every wash, keep the machine door open. This allows the air in the machine to move around and helps to dry out the machine.
- Remove any residues from the dispenser drawers of water, detergent or fabric softener, and also keep the dispenser drawer open.
- Rinse out dirtied clothes extra dust before placing it in the wash.
- To reduce the buildup of limescale particles, use a home water softener added to your in-flow tube, or tablets in your machine
- Using just as much detergent as you really need: follow the package instructions as excess detergent will build up inside the container.
If you have all ingredients for cleaning a washing machine then start with these above method or if not then check below products, take all and lets start to make your washing machine smelly and dust free.
1. Dettol Washing Machine Cleaner – 250 ml
Having both your washing machine and your clothes clean is an important factor to consider when battling bacterial.
- Using Dettol washing machine cleaner in a wash on its own every 2 months to destroy 99.9% of bacteria
- Prevent bad odours.
- Remove limescale and dirt.
2. Scalgo LG Descaler For Washing Machine 300 Gm
Washing machine operation powder ideal for the top or front load of all branded washing machine. Descaling Dust in washing machines and equipment gets rid of lime scales.
- Put a package of Descaling Powder into the system tank, hold the water temperature at 40 century on an empty drum once every 3 months.
- Remove Lime Scale
- Eliminates bad odours
- Descaling Powder can also be used for treating scale deposits on other appliances such as coffee-maker, electric kettle, steam iron and shower heads
3. IFB Essentials Descal Appliance Descaler – 100 g
Metal compounds like magnesium and calcium found with each wash on your machine parts in water form scale particles. Such deposits on the heating elements and other parts of your machine reduces your washing machine’s performance and lifespan. It fights corrosion caused by scaling deposits.
- Put a packet of descal in the machine drum, once every 3 months, keep the water temperature at 40 century run a full wash cycle on an empty drum.
- Descal improves washing power of detergents, and better drainage from the drum improves wash quality.
- This reduces corrosive action of deposits and it reduces power consumed for heating, it eliminates bad odour inside a machine
4. Himalaya Clean Multibrand Washing Machine Descale – 100gm
It is a mixture of moderate acids and agents of corrosion. It immediately act on stubborn deposits of scale and flush them out with wash water. Then, It restore the original condition of the machine parts damaged by the scales and leave your machine drum sparkling clean Its100% biodegradable and friendly to the appliance.
5. Fortune Multi-Use Descaler Powder for Washing Machine
Fortune descaler powder is come with Pack of 2 descaler powder for washing machine and dish washer.
- Cleans, Descales, Sanitizes And Deodorizes Your Appliances
- Keep Your Appliances In Optimum Condition And Prolong Their Life
- Can Be Used With Washing Machine, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Shower Heads And Faucets, Floor Tiles Etc.
If you thinking about purchase some new one then you should check this :
Now this is all about how to clean your smelly washing machine, share this with your friends and family!