A hand blender is a useful kitchen tool but you don’t want to confuse it with a hand mixer. These two methods have varying applications. Casual bakers use hand mixers, often the ones that don’t bake all the time or in large quantities. However, a hand blender is used by serious as well as casual cooks.
A hand blender is a long, cylindrical tool that typically comes with several blades of steel. This long body helps the cook to directly plunge the blender into a pot or tub, and puree the contents. This role has allowed the blender to be called an immersion blender.
A hand blender works because the rotary blade is powered by a potent motor. This motor can be set to different strengths, so you can pick how pure you want your material to be. The faster and harder the blade flies, the smoother that will be your creation.
- Many blenders come with attachments for slicing vegetables, nuts and garlic.
- Some tend to ice cream, white eggs and pudding.
- Others come with a juicing jar; you’ll be able to have fresh juice every day with that as an attachment.
- Such an attachment is cheaper for so many other applications than having one single juicer.
There are two beaters in a mixer which help prepare dough for baking. A hand mixer can often be used in the same manner as a blender. A hand mixer is useful when there isn’t a hand blender. There are some accessories, like the blender, that you can purchase to use with the mixer. Such attachments allow you to extend your mixer use, but it is not yet as versatile as a blender.
- Mixers work great for whipped cream, egg whites, and pudding, like blenders.
- Although it does not have as many applications as a hand blender, a hand blender can not be used for mixing dough.
- You don’t want the dough to chop the ingredients. Nor does a blender mix in as much air as dough wants.
Every cook will do well in his kitchen to have both of these devices as they serve different purposes. You should read their manuals to learn more about what your particular kitchen blender and mixer can do, and how to use these tools.
If you want to buy branded durable hand mixer the click here